Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Ensure your paper is blind for review. That is, remove author and institution information from the cover page as well as from the acknowledgments section
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Section default policy
It is a condition of publication that authors transfer copyright of their articles including abstracts to College of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Gondar. Authors may use their article elsewhere after publication provided that proper acknowledgment is given to the Journal as the original source of publication. Effective with initial submissions, authors must agree that if their manuscript is accepted, they will grant EJHBS an exclusive, irrevocable license to publish their work while the copyright remains with the authors. Authors of manuscripts, submitted at any time, need not contact the EJHBS to request permission to reuse their own material. Authors who granted the journal exclusive license to publish and authors who transferred copyright to EJHBS are allowed to do the following:
- use all or part of the work in compilations or other publications of the Authors’
own works (includes theses/dissertations), to use figures, photos, and tables created by them and contained in the work, to present the work orally in its entirety, and to make copies of all or part of the work for the Authors’ use for lectures, classroom instruction or similar uses. If the author is employed by an academic institution, that institution also may reproduce the article for teaching purposes.
- post the accepted manuscript version of the work, the “Paper in Press,” on the author’s personal web page, their personal or institutional repository, or their funding body’s archive provided that a link to the article in the Ethiopian Journal of Health and Biomedical Sciences is included.
- post a manuscript version of the work on not-for-profit preprint servers provided that the Authors retain distribution rights to the work, that EJHBS formatted final files are not posted, and that a link to the article in the Ethiopian Journal of Health and Biomedical Sciences is included.
- reuse of EJHBS content must include the following: This research was originally published in the Ethiopian Journal of Health and Biomedical Sciences , Author(s). Title. EJHBS. Year; Vol:pp-pp. © Ethiopian Journal of Health and Biomedical Sciences, University of Gondar.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.