Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor submitted before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Ensure your paper is blind for review. That is, remove author and institution information from the cover page as well as from the acknowledgments section. However, in a separate word document, please make sure to submit the cover page including the Authors' details (e.g., Title, name of each author in order of their contribution, Affiliation, email addresses of each author, and name of the corresponding author.).
- The submission file should be either in Microsoft Word or OpenOffice document file format.
- The text shall be 1.5 spaced; 12-point font; Times New Roman; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Once an article is accepted for publication, the author is expected to transfer the copyright of their article to the journal. Authors can use their article elsewhere after publication provided that proper acknowledgment is given to the Journal as the original source of publication. All published articles can be downloaded and used by the scientific community without further permission. Effective with initial submissions, authors must agree that if their manuscript is accepted, they will grant EJHBS an exclusive, irrevocable license to publish their work.
Authors who granted the journal exclusive license to publish and authors who transferred copyright to EJHBS are allowed to do the following:
- Use all or part of the work in compilations or other publications of the Authors,
- Own works (includes theses/dissertations), to use figures, photos, and tables created by them and contained in the work, to present the work orally in its entirety, and to make copies of all or part of the work for the Authors’ use for lectures, classroom instruction or similar uses. If the author is employed by an academic institution, that institution also may reproduce the article for teaching purposes,
- Post the accepted manuscript version of the work, the “Paper in Press,” on the author’s personal web page, their personal or institutional repository, or their funding body’s archive provided that a link to the article in the Ethiopian Journal of Health and Biomedical Sciences is included,
- Post a manuscript version of the work on not-for-profit preprint servers provided that the Authors retain distribution rights to the work, that EJHBS formatted final files are not posted, and that a link to the article in the Ethiopian Journal of Health and Biomedical Sciences is included,
- Reuse of EJHBS content must include the following: This research was originally published in the Ethiopian Journal of Health and Biomedical Sciences, Author(s). Title. EJHBS. Year; Vol:pp-pp. © Ethiopian Journal of Health and Biomedical Sciences, University of Gondar.
The data collected from registered users of EJHBS falls within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals. It includes information that makes communication possible for the editorial process; it enables collecting aggregated data on submissions and publications. The editorial team of the EJHBS uses this data to guide its work in publishing and improving the journal. The authors who published their articles in this journal are responsible for the human subject data that figures in the reported research.
The journal requests registration with the personal data of authors and the information will not be shared with any third person/party without consultation. Personal data means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location, educational status, publication history, areas of expertise, and an online identifier. If you want to submit or review an article, we require online registration to provide access to the relevant information/section. Your personal data will help us contact you for specific purposes, including writing editorials, review submissions, and so on. Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent. We will safeguard your personal data and retain it in our system.